Fancy vacations may be OUT this Summer, but that doesn’t mean your family can’t travel. Camping is an inexpensive way to spend some quality family time together, while being out in nature. Here are some super inexpensive Dollar Tree Camping Hacks to make your campsite rock!
First of all, if you’re planning a summer camping trip, it’s best to shop your Dollar Tree EARLY in the season. Spring time is the best time to score luau, pool, and barbecue themed items. If you wait too long, you’ll be shopping back to school items mid-summer.
36 Dollar Tree Camping Hacks & Camping Must Haves
- Mesh Laundry Bags for Hang Drying Dishes or dirty clothes.
- Solar Stake Lights for mood lighting around your tent.
- Dustpan and Brush for cleaning dirt out of your tent.
- Fy Swatters so the kiddos can chase down pesky flies in your tent.
- Butterfly Nets
- Glow Sticks to wrap around tent ties, for the kids, and to mark the path to your tent at night.
- Baby Powder (if you’ll be near sand) to quickly brush off sandy feet, legs and hands.
- Hydrocortisone Cream for those bug bites or poison ivy rashes.
- Pool Floaties to double as air mattress or pillows.
- Rain Ponchos
- Flash Lights
- Bug Spray or Bug Wrist Bands
- Water Guns
- Sun Glasses
- Wet Ones
- Band Aids
- Colored Chalk
- Sticky Rollers to check for ticks.
- UNSCENTED Deodorant
- Garbage Bags
- Whistles to call the kiddos back to camp.
- Battery Operated Tea Lights
- Paper Plates and Cups
- S’mores Ingredients: marshmallows, Chocolate, Graham Crackers.
- Makeshift Emergency Potty: Shower Curtain, Rings, Rope and a Hula Hoop, with a 5 Gallon Bucket and a trash bag. (The last thing you want to do is be stuck crossing a campsite to a bathroom with a 5-year-old at 1am.)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Ivory Soap (if you’ll be bathing in a river or lake).
- A Funnel for Mom to pee standing up (for greater privacy) during hikes.
- Boxed Milk that doesn’t need to be refrigerated.
- Baby Wipes – Lots of them!
- Welcome Mat for outside your Tent to Help Keep Dirt Out.
Each Dollar Tree can be unique in the items they carry. Hopefully some of these Dollar Tree Camping Hacks and Must Have Items are stocked in yours.
Make a list and keep it all IN BUDGET.
What other things do you pick up at the Dollar Tree for your family camping supplies list?